Testing & treatment for viral hepatitis are simpler than ever and may be available to you for free.
Testing and linkage to care for people with Hep C is available close to home.
In the early stages of infection, hepatitis typically has no symptoms. However, left untreated, some types can cause cancer, cirrhosis of the liver, and even death.
Some forms of hepatitis are serious. The good news is that a cure is now available for Hep B and Hep C. If you think you may be at risk, do not let another day go by without getting screened.
If you are:
- unsure of your hepatitis status
- living with hepatitis
- having unprotected sex with more than one partner or someone you think has hepatitis
- sharing drug use equipment sharing personal items (toothbrush, razor, etc.) with someone who has hepatitis
- born in a country where many people have hep B, or
- were not vaccinated as a baby
then CHASI’s viral hepatitis services can help. We offer testing and connection to high-quality hepatitis B and C care.
For more information, call 718.808.1313.